Oakland Tech Centennial Celebration to End Memorial Day Weekend
If you missed any of Oakland Tech's centennial year kick-off, book launch, and Technites Past and Present Talent Showcase, you can still experience the celebration on Memorial Day Weekend - May 22-25 - by participating in one of the events listed below. For details and to register for any of the events, visit the centennial page of the school's website: http://oaklandtech.com/staff/centennial/event-calendar/
- History of Oakland Tech at Oakland Technical High School: Friday, May 22, 2-5 p.m. Artifacts, guided tours, displays of Oakland Tech memorabilia and photos, and sales of the Oakland Tech Centennial Book. Noted actor (ÒLove BoatÓ) and Tech alumnus Ted Lange narrates a film of Tech history.
- Mixer at Pro Arts: Friday, May 22, 7-10 p.m. Mix it up with fellow Bulldogs at the no-host Centennial Mixer at the Pro Arts Studio in Frank Ogawa Plaza. Admission to this no-host event is free, limited to the first 200 registrants.
- Picnic at Middle Harbor Shoreline Park: Saturday, May 23, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Visit with Bulldogs from all generations at this scenic venue on the Oakland Estuary. Admission is $30 per person and includes food and drinks.
- Wine Tasting at Jack London Square: Saturday, May 23, 2 - 5 p.m. Enjoy an afternoon sampling local wines. (Location TBD. Check the website.) Participation limited to the first 125 registrants: Price: $50.
- Brunch at Pican Restaurant:Sunday, May 24, 10 a.m.-12 noon. The price for this event is $35.
- Centennial Gala at the Fox Theater: Sunday, May 24, 6-11 p.m. The Gala is the culmination of the centennial weekend and includes many events. Tickets: $100 per person, available online.
- Golf Tournament at Lake Chabot Golf Course: Monday, May 25, 9 a.m. Join us for a round at Lake Chabot Golf Course. Entry fee includes green fees and carts: $75.
Oakland Tech has been part of our community for 100 years. There is much to celebrate and be proud of. Join us.